Comic-book artist Paul Milligan of “God of Rock” gives tips on how to complete a 24-hour comic
NORMAN — Comic book artist Paul Milligan has on four occasions completed the 24-Hour Comics challenge. 24-Hour Comics Day is an annual challenge for cartoonists to produce a 24-page comic book written, drawn and completed in 24 consecutive hours. Comic book artists, whether professional or amateur, young or old, are invited to check out a local venue or try the challenge on their own.
Milligan, of Norman, has completed the challenge multiple times by writing and drawing a comic based on his “God of Rock” character. The first three “God of Rock” stories have been collected in a “God of Rock” trade paperback, available at local comic shops and online via indyplanet.com. The fourth “God of Rock” story, completed last year, is viewable online at space-gun.com/godofrock/.
“Originally it was a whole band, and then I realized it would hard to draw the whole band,” Milligan said.
In the comic, the blond-haired god of rock is forced to take on the forces of anti-rock to make the world safe for rebellion.
This year’s 24-Hour Comics Day will be held on Oct. 20, and host sites and individual participants can sign up at www.24hourcomicsday.com. The comic book specialty retailer group ComicsPRO is organizing the event, and host sites that sign up by Aug. 31 will receive a packet of support materials.
Milligan offered some tips on successfully completing the challenge.
“You’ve gotta take a lot of breaks,” he said. “Don’t just sit there the whole time, you’ll get sick of it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17147Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12600OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11594'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11336Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8356Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 8267Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7063Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6991Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6984Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients