“MAD,” “Groo” artist Sergio Aragones turns 75
The amazing artist Sergio Aragones turns 75 today. I’ve been a fan of his work for many years, and consider his “Groo the Wanderer” a must-read in comics humor. IDW recently released an Artists’ Edition of the “Wager of the Gods” storyline from “Groo The Wanderer” #96-99, originally released by Marvel’s Epic imprint, for those who want to experience a high-end version of this classic comics work.
I talked to him in 2011 for an interview about the book “Sergio Aragones: Five Decades of His Finest Works,” which features cartoons from throughout the Mad Magazine artist’s career, dating back to the early 1960s. Aragones was delightful to talk to and couldn’t have been more pleasant. Sometimes it can be disappointing to talk to someone whose work you have admired for most of your life. In Aragones’ case, it was a fantastic experience.
Here’s wishing Sergio Aragones a wonderful 75th birthday and many more.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6703Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6459Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5978Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients