Star Trek interactive Google Doodle celebrates anniversary with fun
Today’s interactive Google Doodle celebrates the 46th anniversary of the beginning of “Star Trek.” The original series debuted on this week in 1966.
Entertainment Weekly talked to Google’s Ryan Germick, who headed up the “Trek” Doodle:
“We often talk at Google about how awesome it would be to talk to a computer and get exactly what you want and have that kind of engagement, where the computer just knows all [like in Star Trek], and that’s what we’re moving toward,” Germick told EW. “Other than that, it just seemed like a perfect fit. There are so many Star Trek fans, myself included, it seemed like such a fun thing to celebrate.”
Click around on the Google homepage to find different story elements in the doodle!
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims
- 6479Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6305Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5197Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients