A look back at 2,011 comic books read in 2011: Top 10 most popular reviews of the year
Over the course of 2011, I had the somewhat crazy idea to try to read and review 2,011 comic books over the year. I completed the task, and immediately didn’t want to think about it again.
Now, 9 months down the line, I’ve recovered enough to look back somewhat. In this post, I’m looking at what the most popular “2,011 in 2011″ posts were over the course of the year.
Here are the top review posts based on traffic during the year of 2011:
This review of the first issue of the 2010 “Dark Knight” volume by David Finch, along with some “Avengers” by Brian Michael Bendis and assorted other comics was the most popular comics review post of 2011. I have a feeling the fact that it was early in the year — posted Jan. 2 — and that it had “Dark Knight” and “Avengers” in the title helped, given the cinematic output for the year.
This doubled as a weekly column when “X-Men: First Class” came out and looked at the”Mystique” comics of Brian K. Vaughan and Sean McKeever. Given Jennifer Lawrence’s huge popularity and the appeal of the Mystique character, this is another one that isn’t terribly surprising.
Miles Morales replaced Peter Parker as Spider-Man in Marvel’s “Ultimate Comics” line, and this issue generated a lot of discussion.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma tornado victims identified
- 8558Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8505Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients