Report: Justice League new art team will be Ivan Reis, Joe Prado; next Jim Lee project to be announced at NYCC
Buzzfeed has reported that Jim Lee will step down as Justice League artist as of issue #15 in January.
The new art team will be Ivan Reis and Joe Prado. Geoff Johns remains the writer.
DC’s Source blog said major news will be announced about Jim Lee’s next project at next month’s New York Comic-Con.
Art of Superman posted on Jim Lee’s Facebook fan page is one factor in speculation that Jim Lee will be announced as the artist on a new Superman comic book.
A recent quote from ICV2 also fed speculation, when DC executives Bob Wayne and John Cunningham were asked about the possibility of a Superman series written by Scott Snyder (“Batman”) to tie into the release of Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel” film.
“I certainly won’t confirm that, but I will say that it is reasonable to assume that given the release of Man of Steel next summer, we will come up with a publishing program that will both augment and take advantage of that opportunity,” Wayne, DC’s Senior Vice President of Sales, said to ICV2.
Vice President of Marketing John Cunningham also didn’t confirm the Snyder rumor, but seemed in favor of it.
“I think that (a Scott Snyder Superman series) would be great,” he told ICV2. “I’d read that.”
- Matt Price
Click past the cut for more art.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12097Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11309Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6870Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6485Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4833Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4317OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3653Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3565Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534How to help tornado victims
- 3145Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients