Fantastic Four redesigned at Project: Rooftop
More than 100 illustrators entered the latest contest at Project: Rooftop, in which the costumes of the Fantastic Four were redesigned.
The entries were judged by a panel of 10, including Marvel artist Stuart Immonen (New Avengers, Fear Itself), Dark Horse editor Rachel Edidin and NPR’s Glen Wledon. The winner was first-time Project: Rooftop contestant, New York-based artist Alejandro Bruzzese.
“As far as I’m concerned they’re explorers, not super-heroes,” said Bruzzese in a news release. “Thus the backpacks and practical clothes. I gave them their own colors as a sort of tribute to the Thunderbirds, Bionic Six, Super Sentai, Galaxy Trio… basically all the teams the Fantastic Four inspired in the first place.”
Judges liked the pose and the science emphasis:
“I love the ligne claire art style and the dramatic pose,” says Immonen in his comments on the entry. Edidin calls Bruzzese’s rendition of the team as “a science-adventurer team with the emphasis on the ‘science.’”
Coming in second was multi-time finalist Vanni LoRiggio. Victor Newman finished third.
To see each of these entries plus the other runner-ups and judges’ comments, visit ProjectRooftop.com.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients