‘Dredd 3D’ is based on long-running British comic ‘Judge Dredd’
The character Judge Dredd was created in 1977 by writer John Wagner, along with artist Carlos Ezquerra, working with editor Pat Mills. The over-the-top character first appeared in the second issue of “2000 A.D.,” a British science-fiction anthology comic.
Pocket Books has been rereleasing the “Judge Dredd” stories in order in the “Judge Dredd Complete Case Files.”
“Dredd, whose face is always obscured by his helmet in the comic, is played by Karl Urban in the new film “Dredd 3D,” opening this weekend in theaters.
Dredd returns to American comics in a new “Judge Dredd” series from IDW Publshing this November.
“Judge Dredd turns 35 this year, and it’s great to help him celebrate his birthday like this,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s
Dredd’s stories continue in the United Kingdom in “2000 AD” and “Judge Dredd Megazine.” The IDW stories will be written by Duane Swierczynski with art by Nelson Daniel.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16568Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11531OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11459'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11122Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 11072Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 9787Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7713Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6975Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6919Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5729Oklahoma Corrections Department director to resign
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients