Wolverine and the X-Men #17 review (and what is Doop saying?)
Artist Mike Allred, who had a memorable run on “X-Force” and “X-Statix,” returns to the X-Men line for a one-issue story in “Wolverine and the X-Men” #17, in an issue featuring a character he co-created, the green, bloblike Doop.
The issue, written by Jason Aaron, deals with how Wolverine recruited Doop to the Jean Grey school, and what exactly the character is accomplishing while he is there. It’s an issue with a great mix of humor and action and two nice cameos by a couple of 1970s Marvel favorites.
This is one of my favorite X-Men issues of the year so far, and a nice break from the sturm und drang of the “Avengers vs. X-Men” storyline. Aaron handles the storyline well and plays to Allred’s strengths as an artist. Laura Allred also provides fine work as the colorist, giving the book the appropriate feel and palette for its style.
Even if you haven’t picked up an issue in a while, this is a good, fun, self-contained story that should especially appeal to those who liked the Peter Milligan-Mike Allred corner of the X-Men universe.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients