DVD review: Green Lantern The Animated Series: Rage of the Red Lanterns
The DC Comics superhero Green Lantern is the star of the Cartoon Network animated series, “Green Lantern: The Animated Series.” But it’s not just the earthborn hero Hal Jordan who stars in the computer-animated series; he’s one of 2,800 Lanterns who protect the universe at the will of the Guardians of the Universe.
For those looking for an origin of Hal Jordan, you won’t find it here — that’s been covered before in both live-action and animated films — the series instead jumps immediately into a new conflict.
The headstrong Hal (Josh Keaton) is the focus, however, as he’s called to Oa when a group of Red Lanterns, enemies to the Green, are killing Green Lanterns stationed on distant worlds. Disobeying the Guardians, Hal and Kilowog (Kevin Michael Richardson) — a beefy, bulldog of a Green Lantern — hijack an experimental plane and race off to confront the Red Lanterns.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes
- 51Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 35High schools: Practices called off long before tornado hit Moore
- 32Expert rips Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation's handling of murder case
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients