Young Avengers to return as part of Marvel NOW!
Marvel has announced that “Young Avengers” will return from the publisher in October as part of the “Marvel NOW!” initiative. The creative team includes writer Kieron Gillen and artists Jamie McKelvie, Mike Norton and Matt Wilson.
Here’s how Marvel describes the book:
From the critically acclaimed duo of Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie comes a reinvention of the teen superhero comic for the 21st century, uniting Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with Loki, Marvel Boy and Miss America. We have seen how our heroes handle the hardships of the world, but now we can bear witness as these Young Avengers grapple with challenges of becoming a new brand of hero. Will they be up to the task? Will they be able to follow in the footsteps of the heroes before them? Will they want to? Join in and watch as these young heroes discover who they truly are and how they can save the world.
“The Young Avengers are the team of tomorrow and an important step in right direction for the Marvel Universe,” said Axel Alonso, Editor In Chief, Marvel Entertainment, in a news release. “This team’s youth is going to make for some very interesting stories as they forge a unique place for themselves in a world populated by super-powered characters. And there’s no substitute for hard work. You’ll be watching a team grow into one of the Marvel Universe’s most powerful forces.”
Kieron Gillen talked about the difference between his “Young Avengers” and the original incarnation of the team.
“This is my chance to take a serious crack at reinventing the Marvel teen super hero for the 21st century,” said writer Kieron Gillen in a news release. “So I recruited my favorite collaborators in a Dirty-Dozen fashion, and set about the task. I couldn’t be more excited if I was having adrenaline pumped into me intravenously. If the original Young Avengers was about being 16, this is about being 18. It’s a small difference, but an important one.”
The original “Young Avengers” was released beginning in 2005 and was written by former Tulsan Allan Heinberg and drawn by Jim Cheung.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients