‘Batman Live’ star Jack Walker discusses arena show
Arena show brings Batman to life; actor Jack Walker discusses ‘Batman Live,’ opening Wednesday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena
The show, which will have eight performances from Wednesday through Sunday, features stunts, pyrotechnics, illusions and video screen sequences set in a three-dimensional Gotham City landscape.
Jack Walker, who plays Batman in the show, says suiting up as the Caped Crusader fulfills a childhood fantasy.
“I don’t think there’s any permutation of Batman that I missed,” Walker said in a phone interview promoting “Batman Live.”
“Definitely my favorite comics as a kid, the Batman comics,” he said. “I loved the dramatics and darkness of the artwork. I loved the TV show as well, which I can only see now with hindsight how tongue in cheek it was. All the different movies, different manifestations of Batman, it’s just great. I’ve followed it and been a fan, a genuine fan, from childhood.”
Walker, who is from London, has been portraying Batman across Europe. The show came to the United States in September, with dates in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, among others.
“It’s great to be doing this, playing such an iconic character,” Walker said. “You really get to do the whole vicarious enjoyment thing, being out there. The way the show is, you really feel like you’re in a movie or something, you’re in a fantasy, and you’re Batman. And everything is geared to make you pull that off. So it’s a lot of fun.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients