Ethan Van Sciver to draw ‘Batman: The Dark Knight,’ CBR reports
Comic Book Resources reports that Ethan Van Sciver has been named the new artist of “Batman: The Dark Knight,” joining writer Gregg Hurwitz.
DC Comics shared the information with CBR ahead of the New York Comic-Con.
Van Sciver chose the Batman project after finding renewed vigor for drawing comics while working on the recent “Green Lantern” annual. He talked to CBR about his inspirations for drawing Batman.
“I’ve done super outer space drama and the like, but I’ve never had a chance to draw urban drama and crime and decay,” Van Sciver told CBR. “I’ve always wanted to, and I’ve always felt I’d be pretty good at it. Batman is more of a shape than a man, which I love. When you’re drawing Green Lantern, you pretty much have to draw Green Lantern the same way every time. When you’re drawing Batman, just the shape of the cape and the wind and the rain – and yeah, I’d never thought of it that way, but he is kind of composed of these jagged, triangular shapes.”
Current “Dark Knight” artist David Finch is moving to the new series “Justice League of America,” where he’ll work with writer Geoff Johns.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22453Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12179Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10764Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9050Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8838Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8708Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8233Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7164Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 7066UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients