Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man movie set for 2015
Disney has set a release date of 2015 for “Ant-Man,” the Marvel superhero film to be directed by Edgar Wright (“Shaun of the Dead”), according to a report at Spinoff Online.
Disney will release the film on Nov. 6, 2015.
I talked to Wright back in 2007 about “Ant-Man,” when he was promoting the DVD release of his film “Hot Fuzz.”
At that time, Wright said his “Ant-Man” film would be based on a treatment Wright wrote circa 2001 that focuses on the Scott Lang Ant-Man, who was the second character to wear the costume.
Scott Lang was an electronics-savvy ex-con who stole the Ant-Man costume and shrinking capsules after his daughter, Cassie, became seriously ill. Using the capsules, Lang rescued a doctor who could cure his daughter. He attempted to turn himself in after his daughter was cured, but Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, encouraged Lang to keep the costume — and to stay on the side of the law.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17743Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 11674Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10443Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 10260OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10191Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9850Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9805Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5194Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5144Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4631'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients