Jeff Lemire to provide variant cover to Harbinger #8
Valiant Comics has revealed a variant cover for “Harbinger” No. 8 by Jeff Lemire, artist of “Essex County” and current writer of “Animal Man” from DC Comics.
“Harbinger” No. 8 is written by Joshua Dysart and drawn by Phil Briones.
“Josh Dysart is one of my favorite people and favorite writers in comics. We’ve wanted to work together for a long time now, but things never seem to line up with both of our busy schedules. When I heard Josh would be a part of the incredible Valiant relaunch with Harbinger, I immediately asked editor Jody LeHeup if I could do a variant. It may not be a full comic, but at least Josh and I have finally done something together,” said Lemire in a news release.
“I’m really excited about the high quality books Valiant has been putting out and it’s great to be a part of it in even this small way. I was so thrilled that Jody and the Valiant guys let me go nuts with my lo-fi ballpoint pen idea,” Lemire said in the release. “I had a blast!”
Here’s how Valiant describes the issue:
Out of the ashes of the Harbinger Foundation, the rise of the Valiant Universe’s first super-team continues this January! After fighting their way out of Toyo Harada’s secret academy for superhumans, Peter Stanchek and Faith “Zephyr” Herbert are out to recruit the next generation of psionics and strike the Harbinger empire wherever it may stand. Peter Stanchek. Zephyr. Kris. Flamingo. Torque. Meet the latest member of the resistance on January 23rd in Harbinger #8 – the next awesome installment of the series Comic Book Resources calls “a must-read.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients