“Justice League of America” will launch with 52 state-based covers
MTV Geek has reported that “Justice League of America,” by Geoff Johns and David Finch, will launch with what may be a new record for variant covers: 52. (EDIT: IDW’s June-shipping “Mars Attacks” had 55 variant covers, one for each card of the original set. So while this is a DC Comics record, it’s not one for comics overall.)
The number “52″ has significance for DC Comics going back to its “52″ weekly series and the “New 52″ relaunch. Here, the 52 covers will be regional — one for each state of the union plus Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico. It appears each cover will be available to order separately. The book will have a standard cover, with the American flag in the background, in addition to the 52 variants.
Also reported by MTV Geek: New books are in the works for Vibe (by Andrew Kreisberg and artist Pete Woods) and Katana (by Ann Nocenti and artist Alex Sanchez). “Green Arrow” gets a new creative team with issue No. 17, Jeff Lemire and Andrea Sorrentino.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3822Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3626Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3264Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients