Brian Michael Bendis, Bryan Hitch to launch “Age of Ultron” from Marvel Comics
Marvel Comics has officially announced the “Age of Ultron” comic book series and event, starting in March.
“Age of Ultron” will be a 10-issue limited series, shipping between March and June. The first five issues are drawn by Bryan Hitch (“The Ultimates”). The second five are drawn by Brandon Peterson and Carlos Pacheco.
“Age of Ultron is about Ultron, one of our biggest villains ever, finally fulfilling his destiny, which is taking the Earth,” Bendis says at Marvel.com. “From the very first page, Ultron has taken the Marvel Universe and everything is changed. There is a shocking amount of destruction and devastation. It started in Avengers, but it’s meant to be a Marvel Universe book.”
Tie-ins to the series will fit within the regular numbering of the comics, but with .AU after them, similar to the Marvel Point One issues.
Marvel’s Tom Brevoort described the series as “an Avengers Vx. X-Men level event.”
“That doesn’t mean we won’t be doing other things later in 2013, but it’s Brian, Bryan, Brandon, Carlos and all the ingredients needed for a big deal project,” Brevoort said.
- Matt Price
See below for more art from “Age of Ultron.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients