“Furry Vengeance” movie review
In “Furry Vengeance,” developer Dan Sanders (Brendan Fraser) finds himself at the mercy of a horde of forest animals as he attempts to turn their home into a housing edition.
While Sanders is sympathetic to a point (he originally doesn’t want to move a beaver dam), his boss, Neal Lyman (Ken Jeong), isn’t. While his company claims to be green, the only green he truly cares about is money. Moving the animals, killing the animals — that’s not his concern.
Jeong, who was hilarious in “The Hangover,” has some good moments here, playing his typical role of entitled and angry.
Dan’s family isn’t thrilled that they’ve relocated from Chicago to Oregon for this project. His wife, Tammy (Brooke Shields), has taken a job as the science teacher at the local school and gets roped into putting on the forest festival. His son, Tyler (Matt Prokop, “High School Musical 3”), is disappointed that he’s been dragged away from all his friends, but he begins to see the beauty of the forest after first noticing the beauty of classmate Amber (Skyler Samuels).
Dan becomes caught in the middle of his family’s wishes and his boss’s wishes and, even worse, finds himself at the mercy of a bunch of vengeful animals, led by a crafty raccoon. Dan is beset by bees, boulders, bears and dozens of other threats from the forest. Were the animals not cute, this would be a horror film, as no matter how hard he tries, Dan is continually thwarted in his efforts to escape the animals. The film uses what appear to be trained animals, occasionally assisted with some computer-generated imagery.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients