Superman takes center stage on Free Comic Book Day
Comic book stores around the world will celebrate the ninth annual Free Comic Book Day on Saturday.
Classic superheroes such as Superman and Iron Man will join favorites including Archie, Toy Story and Shrek.
“We are thrilled to be a part of Free Comic Book Day,” DC Comics Co-Publisher Jim Lee said in a news release. “This is a great opportunity for comic shops to showcase their stores and celebrate all the creativity and excitement comic books have to offer.”
DC Comics will offer “War of the Supermen” No. 0 as one of its Free Comic Book Day releases. The issue is co-written by James Robinson and University of Oklahoma graduate Sterling Gates.
“I’m really excited to be writing a Free Comic Book Day issue,” Gates said. “Getting a chance to help put the focus on the world’s most recognizable superhero on comics’ greatest holiday is a complete thrill.”
Prior to “War of the Supermen,” a group of superpowered aliens from Superman’s home planet founded New Krypton, in orbit around Earth’s sun. But not everyone on Earth believes the two planets can live in peace. In “War of the Supermen,” those tensions explode.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients