First full artwork of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles goes for $71,700
Heritage Auctions reports that the first-ever full artwork of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird sold for $71,700 on Friday, May 11, at Heritage Auctions in Dallas as part of a Vintage Comics & Comic Art Auction. It sold to an anonymous buyer. Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman consigned the artwork, created in Nov. 1983.
Eastman has designated an undisclosed percentage of profits from the auction proceeds to benefit The Hero Initiative, Heritage Auctions reports.
“What an incredibly exciting week this has been! The Turtles have been blessed with the best fans on the planet, so I chose this event to make available personal historical TMNT items for those really hardcore supporters – but WHOA – what a response!” wrote Eastman in a statement to the auction house. “My many, many, thanks to all the fans that have given me the best job in the world, and for their love for a great, goofy, bunch of green guys that just wanted to be normal teenagers – Mutant Ninja ones anyway!”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients