Christopher Nolan Blu-ray set to be released in June
Warner Home Video will celebrate the career of Christopher Nolan with a new box set of the director’s films on Blu-ray. “The Christopher Nolan Blu-ray Collection” will feature five films from the director along
The Collection includes Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception, Insomnia, and Memento. The set will feature the films’ original special features and a making-of book. The suggested retail price is $49.99.
The set will be released June 26 from Warner Home Video.
The Collection includes Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception, Insomnia, and Memento. Timed to the upcoming release of Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, the Collection includes all the films’ original special features (see below) as well as a premium book featuring production stills, notes and insights on the making of each film. Each Collection will also include Movie Cash good for up to $8 off one admission ticket to see The Dark Knight Rises at participating theaters between July 20, 2012 and August 5, 2012. Christopher Nolan Blu-ray™ Collection will be available for $49.99 SRP.
- Matt Price
For descriptions of each film from Warner Home Video, click past the cut.
About the Films
Batman Begins explores the origins of the Batman legend and the Dark Knight’s emergence as a force for good in Gotham. In the wake of his parents’ murder, disillusioned industrial heir Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) travels the world seeking the means to fight injustice and turn fear against those who prey on the fearful. He returns to Gotham and unveils his alter-ego: Batman, a masked crusader who uses his strength, intellect and an array of high tech deceptions to fight the sinister forces that threaten the city.
· The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue (in High Definition)
· Tankman Begins: A Batman Begins spoof
· Batman – The Journey Begins: Concept, design and development of the film as well as the casting of Batman himself
· Shaping Mind and Body: Observe Christian Bale’s transformation into Batman
· Gotham City Rises: Witness the creation of Gotham City, the Batcave, Wayne Manor and more
· Cape and Cowl: The development of the new Batsuit
· Batman – The Tumbler: The reinvention of the Batmobile
· Path to Discovery: A look at the first week filming on rugged and remote Iceland locations
· Saving Gotham City: The development of miniatures, CGI and effects for the Monorail Chase scene
· Genesis of the Bat: A look at the Dark Knight’s incarnation and influences on the film
· Reflections on Writing Batman Begins with David S. Goyer
· Digital Batman: The effects you may have missed
· Batman Begins Stunts – Confidential Files: Discover facts and story points not in the film
· Stills Gallery
· Theatrical Trailer
THE DARK KNIGHT
The follow-up to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight reunites director Christopher Nolan and star Christian Bale, who reprises the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in his continuing war on crime. With the help of Lt. Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to destroy organized crime in Gotham for good. The triumvirate proves effective, but soon find themselves prey to a rising criminal mastermind known as The Joker who thrusts Gotham into anarchy and forces Batman closer to crossing the fine line between hero and vigilante. Heath Ledger stars as arch-villain The Joker, Aaron Eckhart plays Dent, and Maggie Gyllenhaal plays Rachel Dawes. Returning from Batman Begins are Gary Oldman as Gordon, Michael Caine as Alfred and Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox.
· Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene – Director Christopher Nolan, along with some of the best talents in special effects, stunts and visual effects, offer a rare
opportunity to witness the incredible detail and planning that went into creating the real time, live “in camera” stunts and effects
· Behind the Story
o Batman Tech – Delve deep inside the Batcave to examine the incredible gadgets and tools used by Batman that were inspired by state-of-the-art advances in military technology
o Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight – Go inside the psyche of Bruce Wayne and the world of Batman, as well as many of his adversaries, through real world psychotherapy
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients