Gary Friedrich of “Ghost Rider” appearing at SoonerCon
From Friday’s The Oklahoman:
By Matthew Price
The creator of the motorcycle-bound supernatural hero “Ghost Rider” comes to Oklahoma City this weekend for SoonerCon. Gary Friedrich will visit with fans at the annual science fiction convention, held today through Sunday at the Biltmore Hotel, 401 S Meridian Ave.
Friedrich talked to The Oklahoman about his comic-book experiences with “Ghost Rider” and other comics in a recent interview.
“The first flash of an idea for Ghost Rider came when I was still a kid and saw Marlon Brando in ‘The Wild One,’” Friedrich said. “I loved the movie and began to think about a superhero on a motorcycle.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients