RIP Ray Bradbury
The Associated Press is reporting the death of author Ray Bradbury, writer of “Fahrenheit 451″ and “The Martian Chronicles” among many others.
From the AP story:
Nightmares that plagued him as a boy also stocked his imagination, as did his youthful delight with the Buck Rogers and Tarzan comic strips, early horror films, Tom Swift adventure books and the works of Jules Verne and H.G. Wells.
“The great thing about my life is that everything I’ve done is a result of what I was when I was 12 or 13,” he said in 1982.
I was and remain a big fan of the author’s work, and am glad I got to see him briefly at Comic-Con International a few years ago.
Director Duncan Jones wrote via his @ManMadeMoon account on twitter:
“Ray Bradbury passed away. Another amazing sci-fi visionary gone. Thank you for the ideas you left us, Mr. Bradbury. We’ll try to take heed.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients