Meet the Iraq War Hulk
Talk about a treat: Monday night, I got to see an advance screening of “The Incredible Hulk” and let me be the first to say, this movie smashed my expectations.
Much like Iron Man earlier this summer, The Incredible Hulk is a both a loving tribute to fans and an audience-friendly action flick. It’s not high art, but who cares when it’s this much fun?
I’m sure Matt will have plenty to say on the subject soon, but one thing that really stuck out to me was Bruce Banner’s vivid memory flashes of the Hulk’s activities — he has post-traumatic stress disorder.
It makes perfect sense, of course. He’s not a soldier. Bruce Banner is a scientist thrust into a very unhappy situation that makes wherever he is a war-zone.
Fans of the TV show, fans of the comics and fans of big-budget action movies will really enjoy this one. Coming from someone who liked Ang Lee’s earlier film, I can honestly say this is a more mainstream product that I predict will do big box office.
I think Matt and I might do some competing Top 5 lists on the best superhero movies of all time. Let us know what your favorites are in the comments.
– Greg Elwell
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients