Al Williamson remembered at Comics Reporter
The Comics Reporter has a great remembrance of the life and career of Al Williamson, who died June 12. Williamson’s art – from Flash Gordon to Star Wars to Secret Agent X-9 to a host of Marvel Comics inking assignments – was fantastic throughout his long career. He was 79.
My first exposure to Williamson was his art on the “Return of the Jedi” adaptation from Marvel Comics. It was also either my first or nearly my first exposure to Archie Goodwin, the writer, who was from Oklahoma. I readStarWars.com.
I’ve read many Al Williamson stories since, and even owned a bit of his original art, and am always amazed at the mastery of the craft that he had.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients