Stan Winston, RIP
The Los Angeles Times and other sources are reporting the death of special-effects pioneer Stan Winston at age 62. Winston won four Oscars — one for visual effects for “Aliens,” one for visual effects in ”Jurassic Park,” and two for ”Terminator 2: Judgment Day,” for visual effects and for makeup.
Winston was responsible for Predator, Edward Scissorhands, and “Batman Returns,” and recently worked on “Iron Man.”
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7784Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4976Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4468Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients