Oklahoma’s Sterling Gates to write “Supergirl”
Just announced at Wizard World Chicago is the new creative team on DC’s “Supergirl” title. Writer Sterling Gates, who grew up in Tulsa and graduated from the University of Oklahoma, joins artist Jamal Igle as the creative team on “Supergirl,” starting with issue #34.
Nerdage asked Gates a few quick questions about his plans for the Girl of Steel.
Matt Price: What’s your take on Supergirl?
Sterling Gates: Supergirl is one of the strongest girls on the planet Earth. One day, she’s going to grow up to be one of the greatest heroes the world has ever known. In the meantime, however, she’s got a lot of learning to do.
Life is hard for Kara Zor-El. She’s an immigrant who was put in suspended animation and sent to Earth by her parents in order to escape Krypton’s destruction. Now that she’s here, she’s found herself living in her cousin Superman’s shadow. That’s a
LOT for a teenage girl to deal with and wrap her head around, to live in constant comparison to someone who is, or who comes off as, perfect. So she’s tried everything she can think of to try and separate herself out from just being “Superman’s cousin,” and it’s not worked out too well, so far.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81977Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32354Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 27598Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 23828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15915Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 8307Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7696Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7650Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7465Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7362Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients