Top Cow publisher talks “Wanted” origins
From Friday’s The Oklahoman:
By Matthew Price
James MacAvoy plays Wesley Gibson, a downtrodden loser recruited into a secret cadre of assassins in “Wanted,” out today in movie theaters. The film is based on the comic-book series by Mark Millar and J.G. Jones. “Wanted” was published by Top Cow as a comic-book series and is now available from Top Cow in graphic novel format.
“It’s basically about a young guy, Wesley Gibson, that is kind of an everyday schlub, works in a cubicle farm and doesn’t really do much with his life,” Top Cow publisher Filip Sablik said.
“One day he is approached by this mysterious woman named the Fox, who tells him that his father was one of the great assassins — probably the greatest assassin in the world. And that he and a group of other super villains secretly ruled the world behind kind of a veil of normalcy, and that he’s basically inherited his spot in the secret fraternity of super villains. From there, the proverbial crap hits the fan and Wesley has to go from being a zero to — I don’t know that I’d call it a hero, but definitely a guy who takes charge of his life.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients