Review: Nova 15
It has to be the hardest thing for a comic book writer to do, but there has to be some suspense — some danger — or else there’s no payoff to the story. And while I was reading Nova 15, I had to give props to Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning for making me fear, even for a second, that Nova might not make it out of this scrape.
If you haven’t been following the book, first of all, shame on you. This is classic Marvel. But Nova is an Earthman, drafted into an intergalactic police force (sound familiar?). In his head, his constant companion, is the Xanadarian Worldmind. Why? Because all the other Nova Centurians are dead and the planet that used to house it is gone.
So, this super-powerful policeman is tracking down a psionic pserial pkiller when he gets caught up in some Galactus-sized trouble. Now, I don’t worry about the Fantastic Four or the Avengers when they fight Galactus. I just don’t.
And while I love Nova, and I don’t think I’m alone, I don’t know that Marvel loves him well enough to keep him alive. So I worry when he goes up against a big, bad threat like Galactus.
Great art, great story and just enough anxiety that I have to pick up every issue to make sure Nova is still alive. This is well worth a pick up.
- Greg Elwell
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14558OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11841Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8216Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6574Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6065Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5464Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4374Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4081'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4060Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4007Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients