Three comic book creators with Oklahoma ties nominated for Harvey Awards
Three comic-book creators with Oklahoma ties are among the nominees for the Harvey Awards, comic-book awards selected exclusively by comic-book creators.
The awards will be presented as part of the 2010 Baltimore Comic-Con on Aug. 28 in Baltimore, Md.
Named in honor of the late Harvey Kurtzman, the awards recognize outstanding work in comics and sequential art.
Brian Winkeler of Yukon, and Dave Curd, formerly of Edmond, are part of the anthology “Popgun” Vol. 3, nominated
in the best anthology category.
“Popgun” Vol. 3 also is nominated in the best anthology category in the Eisner Awards, given out at Comic-Con International in San Diego.
“Dave and I are honored to be a part of a book that’s up for both the Eisner and Harvey, and I’m especially excited that I’ll be attending both SDCC and Baltimore to celebrate,” Winkeler said about the book’s nomination. “Popgun” is published by Image Comics.
Winkeler and Curd’s “Bastard Road,” featured in “Popgun” Vol. 3, is an action/comedy featuring the postapocalyptic wanderings of an amnesiac warrior.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11312Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5665Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5178Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4351Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4349OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4135How to help tornado victims
- 3981Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3781Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3432Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients