Christian Bale suits up for “Dark Knight”
From Friday’s The Oklahoman:
Assistant Features Editor
Look for a more mobile Batman in “The Dark Knight.”Christian Bale, speaking at the press junket inBeverly Hills, Calif., for “The Dark Knight,” said the new Bat-suit contained 110 parts versus only 3 in “Batman Begins.”
“It was much more comfortable. It was heavier, but it was actually much more comfortable,” Bale said. “I could move my head; it was much more mobile. … The suit actually was compatible with (the fighting style), whereas in the first one I was having to fight with the suit to do the fight sequences.”
Bale said he was pleased to return to the role of Batman, at least in the “Batman Begins” universe.
“I definitely have an interest in playing Batman the way that Chris Nolan likes to have him portrayed,” Bale said. “And I think this second movie has surpassed the first, and it stands as a great movie regardless of genre.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients