Stan Lee to launch three titles with Boom!
SAN DIEGO — Stan Lee is presenting a new superhero line at Boom! Studios. Three titles, set for release this fall, will present Stan Lee-style superheroes updated for the 21st Century. In conjunction with Pow! Entertainment, the characters of “Soldier Zero,” “Starborn” and “Traveler” will roll out in consecutive months this fall.
Mark Waid, Boom!’s chief creative officer, said there is a certain style and tenor to a Stan Lee hero.
“This is a chance to work with a grandmaster that’s not a retro project, not a pastiche project,” he said. “There are sacrifices to being a Stan Lee superhero. There are ways of doing that in a 21st Century environment.”
Lee kept the attending reporters laughing with witty repartee and one-liners, but did speak seriously at times about writing from the heart.
“If you do something you really like, chances are other people will like it too,” he said.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients