“Superman” panel reveals upcoming villains, guest stars
SAN DIEGO — Upgrades of old villains, revivals of past heroes, and an overall focus on character are key parts of the vision for upcoming Superman stories.
Writers Geoff Johns (“Action Comics”), James Robinson (“Superman”) and Tulsa’s Sterling Gates (“Supergirl”) took part in the “Superman: Man of Tomorrow” panel at Comic-Con International. They were joined by “Supergirl” artist Jamal Igle, “Superman” artist Renato Guedes, and “Action Comics” fill-in artist Joe Prado. Editor Matt Idelson moderated.
As part of October’s “New Krypton” crossover, 10,000 Kryptonians find themselves on Earth, which they believe should be New Krypton. Superman disagrees. The story is about Superman is still unique, even with thousands of Kryptonians now on Earth.
“It’s not about changing stuff so much as it is about explaining character,” Johns said.
And New Krypton is “just the tip of the iceberg” of what this Superman team has planned, Johns said. Johns, Gates and Robinson have stories planned into 2010.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients