Sneak peek at “The Spirit”
Director-Writer Frank Miller on the set of his film THE SPIRIT. (Lewis Jacobs)
SAN DIEGO — Fans in a packed-to-capacity Hall H at Comic-Con International were given a first look at three scenes from the upcoming “The Spirit.” A new, longer trailer was also shown for the first time.
Director Frank Miller and several others connected with the film were on hand as more about the Will Eisner adaptation was revealed. Miller described his longtime relationship with Eisner, who created the Spirit.
“Will and I never stopped debating the nature of comic books and how they work,” said Miller, who first came to prominence in the early 1980s as the writer-artist of the comic book “Daredevil.” Miller later wrote and drew “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns,” “Sin City” and “300.” He moved to film work on the movie adaptation of “Sin City,” where he was a co-director with Robert Rodriguez. “The Spirit” is Miller’s first work as a solo director.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15849OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15499Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10070'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 9359Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8965Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8555Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 7639Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7596Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7433Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7053Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients