“Dark Knight” breaks $400 million
The Associated Press is reporting that “The Dark Knight” has broken $400 million in domestic box office revenue as of Monday, becoming the fastest film ever to $400 million. “The Dark Knight” is the #8 film of all-time in domestic box office, and stands ready to topple “Spider-Man” as the top comic-book adaptation of all time.
Sure, “The Dark Knight” is awfully, well, dark. But I think this would put to rest the idea that you need to drastically change the source material from the comic books to come up with a movie that filmgoers will accept. Nolan filters the Batman material through his own vision, but he hasn’t gone far afield from what comic-book fans want from their Bat-films — and it’s been a huge success.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients