Happy 50th birthday, Fantastic Four!
According to The Beat and other sources, “Fantastic Four” #1, by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, shipped 50 years ago today, Aug. 8, 1961, kicking off the Marvel Age of Comics! Way to go, Stan and Jack! Thanks for all the great comics.
The Lee-Kirby run on “Fantastic Four” is rightly remembered as a high water mark for comics at the time, and it certainly changed much of what came after. If you’ve never read any, I recommend making the time.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90799Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 6362Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6064Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients