Michael Phelps: Superhuman?
Michael Phelps, AP
Swimmer Michael Phelps won his eighth gold medal tonight in the 4X100 medley relay, setting a record for the most gold medals in a single Olympic Games. He set world records in 7 of the 8 races, and the one in which he didn’t — a 1/100th of a second victory over Serbia’s Milorad Cavic in the 100-meter butterfly — was a race that will live in Olympic lore.
Now that Phelps is done with his Olympic races, what’s next? Click past the cut for a few (not entirely serious) ideas.
Maybe a starring role as Namor, the Sub-Mariner in an upcoming Marvel movie?
Or might Warner Bros. convince him to play this King of the Seven Seas? (Sure, usually blond, but what’s a little bleach for a big-time Olympian?)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients