Coin collector event hosted in Oklahoma City this week
Have old coins or currency sitting around? The International Coin Collectors Association is hosting a buying event in Oklahoma City from Aug. 16-21.
The International Coin Collectors Association is hosting a show from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday at the Best Western Plus Saddleback Inn, located at 4300 SW 3rd Street. The ICCA will be purchasing coins, paper currency, gold and silver on behalf of their global network of collectors, dealers and refineries. This event is free and open to the public.
“We hope to spend at least $250,000 while we are in town, purchasing people’s old coin collections, vintage bank notes and scrap gold and silver,” ICCA spokesman Mark Cooper said in a news release.
In the release, Cooper said people can bring in items from rare coins to old class rings for an evaluation.
Here’s the specifics from the news release: While meeting one-on-one with each guest, the ICCA specialists review, research and evaluate the items and will make an offer to purchase all gold coins, silver coins made before 1965 and paper money printed prior to 1934. The amount of the offer depends on the silver or gold content, the collectability, the rarity and the condition of the items. If the guest decides to accept the offer made, a check will be issued on the spot.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11190Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11015Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9873Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8372Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4481Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4243Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4027OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3513Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3480How to help tornado victims
- 3393Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients