Monster coming to Syfy channel
Viz has announced that Monster, the anime based on the mangy by Naoki Urasawa, will air on Mondays beginning Oct. 12 on the Syfy channel.
The show, rated TV-MA, will be rebroadcast the following week on the sister channel, Chiller.
“Naoki Urasawa’s ‘Monster’ weaves an engrossing story of politics, psychological intrigue and murder,” said William Germain, VIZ Media’s Director of Programming Sales, in a release. “The multi-layered plot and mysterious characters that make Naoki Urasawa’s manga a smash hit are adapted wonderfully for the animated series, which remains true to the original story.”
In “Monster,” Dr. Kenzo Tenma saves the life of a young boy named Johan. Years later, Johan appears to be a serial murderer. Suspected of being the murderer himself, Dr. Tenma must go on the run, as he attempts to track down a monster.
Click past the cut for the full release.
San Francisco, CA, August 21 2009 – VIZ Media, LLC (VIZ Media), one of the entertainment industry’s most innovative and comprehensive publishing, animation and licensing companies, has announced the debut of the animated Naoki Urasawa’s MONSTER featured by Starz Media’s Manga Entertainment on Syfy beginning on October 12th as part of the latest season of the network’s Ani-Monday programming block. MONSTER is based on the critically acclaimed manga series by Naoki Urasawa that is published in North America by VIZ Media.
New episodes of Naoki Urasawa’s MONSTER, rated TV-MA will air each Monday night on the Syfy Ani-Monday block and will be re-broadcast on SyFy’s sister channel, Chiller the week thereafter. Chiller airs a variety of horror and suspense-themed programs. Check local listings for specific airtimes.
What would you do if a child you saved grew up to be a monster? An ice-cold killer is on the loose, and Dr. Kenzo Tenma is the only one who can stop him! Tenma, a brilliant neurosurgeon with a promising future, risks his career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy named Johan. When the boy, now a coldhearted and charismatic young man, reappears nine years later in the midst of a string of unusual serial murders, Tenma must go on the run from the police, who suspect him to be the killer, to find Johan and stop the monster he set loose upon the world. Conspiracies, serial murders, and secret government experiments set against the grim backdrop of the formerly communist Eastern Europe are masterfully woven together in this compelling work of suspense.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16804Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8821OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6453Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5885Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5756OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4970Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4920Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3637Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3548Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3516As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients