Virgin Comics shuts down
Publishers Weekly is reporting that Virgin Comics, the joint venture between Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Group and the India-based comics publisher Gotham Entertainment, has closed down.
The company published comics based on Gotham Entertainment’s Shakti line of comics and with ties to Hollywood creative talent. Hugh Jackman, Nicolas Cage, Guy Ritchie and others had comics lined up with the company.
Guy Ritchie’s Gamekeeper is definitely worth seeking out, while it’s still findable, as is Garth Ennis’ take on Dan Dare.
The company recently announced comic books by Stan Lee and Grant Morrison that now seem unlikely to ever see the light of day.
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3647George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3351Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3251Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients