Avatar sells first ticket – four months in advance
According to a report from Movietickets.com, James Cameron’s “Avatar” sold its first ticket on the site August 18. That’s exactly four months prior to its Dec. 18 opening in theaters.
According to the site, that’s the earliest a ticket has been sold prior to its release in MovieTickets.com’s nine-year history.
“Tickets being put on sale for a film four months in advance is unheard of, and the fact that tickets have already been sold really speaks to the tremendous buzz the film has already created and the power of James Cameron at the box office,” said Joel Cohen, executive vice president and general manager of MovieTickets.com, in a release.
Movie fans, what do you think? Are you already pumped for “Avatar”? Have any Nerdage readers already bought their tickets? Let me know.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients