Ted Kennedy comic-book biography scheduled for November
Bluewater Productions, who announced a tribute comic about Michael Jackson shortly after his death, again find themselves dealing with a news figure’s recent passing. Hours before Senator Edward Kennedy’s death, the company announced a biographical comic about the politician.
In a release, the company said the timing of the announcement was not based on Kennedy’s health, and that the book had been in the works since March.
The timing of our announcement of a biography comic based on the life of Ted Kennedy was in no way tied to the Senator’s declining health and ultimate passing. When Bluewater planned out the first year of biographies, Kennedy’s name was always at the top of the list. In fact, this issue has been in production since March and was solicited to retail shops through our national distributor in June. We will, of course, pay final respects to this American icon by adding a page to the completed issue to close the last chapter of his remarkable life.
Bluewater’s “Political Power” line of biographical releases features U.S. leaders including Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Colin Powell and Ronald Reagan. The issue is written by Brent Sprecher and illustrated by Alejandro Figueroa. The cover artist is Patricio Carbajal. The comic is set for November release.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81417Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31213Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29647Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8211Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7508Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7403Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7284Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7178Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6931Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients