2008 to date – what comics strike your fancy?
Labor Day weekend marks the 2/3 point of 2008, as crazy as that sounds. The year’s already two-thirds over.
What comics have made an impression on you in that time? Several of my favorites, off the top of my head, are the same as last year — “Criminal” and “Captain America” from Ed Brubaker are two. I really loved the first “Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds” from Geoff Johns and George Perez, so that has a chance to be a top one for 2008.
Alex Robinson’s “Too Cool to be Forgotten” from Top Shelf is probably one of the year’s top original graphic novels. A man who wants to quit smoking gets hypnotized — and winds up back in high school.
I’ve heard good things about “Bottomless Belly Button,” which is on my to-read pile. Also on the to-read list is “Abandoned Cars.”
A couple I have actually read that are awfully good: Tatsumi’s “Good-Bye” and Jeffrey Brown’s “Little Things.”
What are you guys reading and enjoying?
– Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20548Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16464Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11845Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11178Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9890Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9386OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5427Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5123Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4825Student shot dead during botched home invasion
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients