Tony Stark faces “Five Nightmares” in Matt Fraction’s first Invincible Iron Man arc
Fans of the fast-talking Tony Stark portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. will find a lot to like in Matt Fraction’s version of the character that populates “Invincible Iron Man.” In “The Five Nightmares,” which collects issues#1-6 of the series, Stark finds himself facing off against Ezekiel Stane, the son of the late Obadiah (played by Jeff Bridges in the first “Iron Man,” so there’s another tie for movie-watchers.)
The younger Stane is using his intellect and massive funding — as well as stolen Stark tech — in the aim of killing Tony Stark.
Fraction and artist Salvador Larroca (“Uncanny X-Men”) make a good team as Tony reveals the five nightmares he has about the future, and learns to face them.
Nice artwork throughout, and Fraction has a good feel for Tony’s voice and for his relationships with his allies and enemies. This is a good starting point for readers who want to start to delve deeper into the modern Iron Man.
- Matt Price
Comics read in 2011: 1,282. Still to go: 729
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81703Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31891Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29684Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24698Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8257Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7616Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7442Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7342Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7328Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 7268Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients