Showcase: The Trial of the Flash featured 1980s soap-opera elements
The two-plus-year storyline “Trial of the Flash,” primarily by Cary Bates and Carmine Infantino, was collected in a black-and-white Showcase edition by DC Comics last month.
The Showcase edition collects The Flash #323-327, 329-336 and 340-350. When the Flash attempts to save his fiancee from the Reverse-Flash, the Reverse-Flash is killed. The Flash is put on trial for manslaughter, in one of the longest-running storylines of the time.
I can see how fans would have tired this a month at a time, especially in an era where continued storylines were more rare. And the legal fallacies in the series are rather extreme. But the series does have a soap opera type charm, as the Flash deals with attacks on his lawyers, the deteriorating mind of his fiancee, and the return of his rogues gallery.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12879Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10775OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6990Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5542Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5510Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5081Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4971OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4143Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4066Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3795As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients