Gabriel Macht takes cold in stride
LOS ANGELES — Gabriel Macht moved from the square-jawed hero of “The Spirit” to another comic-book based role, that of U.N. operative Robert Pryce in “Whiteout,” in theaters now.
“I’ve always been a comic book movie fan,” Macht said at the press conference for “Whiteout” held recently in Los Angeles. “I started reading comics, based on some of the opportunities I’ve gotten in film, and I have a huge respect for illustrators and writers in the comic world. If they’re amazing, it’s a great entertainment. I have a strong appreciation for comics.”
Macht also was excited to be an action figure, which he was turned into based on his role in “The Spirit,” directed by Frank Miller and based on Will Eisner’s comics.
“It’s an incredible moment in your life,” Macht said of having a figure based on him. “If you grew up watching movies and looking at action heroes, you think, ‘Oh, man, maybe I’ll be one of those, one day.’”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients