Nintendo Wii price to drop
The gaming system Nintendo Wii will drop to a $199.99 suggested retail price as of Sept. 27. This is $50 less than the current SRP of $249. This includes the motion-sensing Wii Remote controller, Nunchuk controller and Wii Sports software, along with the Wii hardware.
Nintendo’s not slowing down in new game releases for the Wii, either. On Oct. 4, Nintendo will release Wii Fit Plus, and on Nov. 15 the multiplayer title New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be released. This game will allow four players at once.
“Wii has reached more video game players than any game system before because it attracts everyone—both men and women, and people of all ages,” said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing, in a release. “Our research shows there are 50 million Americans thinking about becoming gamers, and this more affordable price point and our vast array of new software mean many of them can now make the leap and find experiences that appeal to them, whatever their tastes or level of gaming experience.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients