RIP Paul Newman
Multiple sources are reporting the death of actor Paul Newman, 83, on Friday.
Newman was one of the best actors of his generation, and starred in two of my personal favorite movies — “The Sting” and “Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.” But that’s just the tip of the great Paul Newman movie list — “Hud,” “Cool Hand Luke,” “The Hustler.” He won an Oscar later in his career for “The Color of Money,” the sequel to “The Hustler,” in 1987.
Newman was also known for his devotion to charity — his “Newman’s Own” foods raised millions for charity — and to his wife, Joanne Woodward, who he married in 1958.
Our own BAM has more on Paul Newman at her blog.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients