Mr. Magoo celebrates 60 years
Cartoon character Mr. Magoo marks 60 years of adventures today.
Mr. Magoo has starred in Academy Award-winning theatrical shorts, three hit television series, the first ever animated holiday TV special and a live action movie.
Here are more fun facts about Mr. Magoo:
- United Productions of America (UPA) first introduced Quincy Magoo in the 1949 animated short, “Ragtime Bear.”
- Mr. Magoo made his comic-book debut in 1952, and starred in a dozen issues from Dell Comics.
- Mr. Magoo’s voice was created by Jim Backus (“Gilligan’s Island”), who portrayed Magoo for more than 30 years.
- UPA produced 52 Mr. Magoo theatrical shorts. Four were nominated for Academy Awards, and two won: When Magoo Flew (1955) and Magoo’s Puddle Jumper (1956).
- Leslie Nielsen played Mr. Magoo in the 1997 live-action film.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6561Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6039How to help tornado victims
- 5671Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients