Sabers bring slashing action to the Wii
THE NEXT LEVEL
If you’re enjoying “Star Wars: The Force Unleashed” for the Wii, but find you just haven’t been able to slash enough, a new product is coming to your rescue: Dual Glow Sabers from dreamGEAR. For about $25, you can get a set of two. Your Wii remote goes into the cradle of the saber.
Gamers can choose from Sith red or Jedi blue, and play with these Wii accessories. And not only on “The Force Unleashed,” but on any Wii game that requires a slashing motion. The Dual Glow Sabers are compatible with all Wii sword-fighting games.
The LED lights in the sabers are handy, and the sabers themselves seem pretty durable. (I don’t know that I would recommend repeatedly knocking them against each other, not that anybody would do that.) And they don’t seem to have a negative effect on gameplay.
If you’re not sure that you need your Wii controller to look like a lightsaber, you might think again — LucasArts’ “Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Lightsaber Duels” is shipping in early December.
“It’s about swinging your Wii remote like a lightsaber and recreating what we know will be classic lightsaber battles from the movie and the show,” he said.
By Matthew Price
Assistant Features Editor
From Friday’s The Oklahoman
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients