Happy birthday, Bernie Wrightson!
According to the Comics Reporter, it’s the 63rd birthday of popular horror artist Bernie Wrightson.
He’s known as the co-creator of “Swamp Thing” and for his work on comic book titles from “House of Mystery” to “Batman: The Cult.”
I read “Batman/Aliens” from 1997 last night, a two-part series written by Ron Marz with art by Bernie Wrightson, and Wrightson does as well as anyone in making the alien creatures of the “Aliens” universe truly disturbing.
His work on “Creepy” and as an illustrator of “Frankenstein” have been reprinted in the past year, and are worth seeking out. Wrightson has recently worked with writer Steve Niles on projects including “The Ghoul” and “Doc Macabre.”
- Matt Price
Comics read in 2011: 1,608 Still to go: 403.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients